Chicken Thighs with Saffron, Lemon and Red Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs (about a pound and a half)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- pinch of saffron
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large, straight-sided sauté pan over high heat until shimmering.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in pan skin-side down. Cook without moving the chicken thighs until well-browned on the first side, about six minutes. Flip them and brown on the second side, about four minutes.
- Add chicken stock to a large glass baking dish. Nestle in potatoes. Add saffron, lemon juice, and whole black peppercorns, and season lightly with salt. Add in chicken thighs, making sure all thighs are on the bottom of the dish.
- Put baking dish in oven and cook uncovered until chicken and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary and serve immediately. Serve with rice if you really want to.
© 2018 Pacdude Games