Paprika-Rubbed Chicken & Spinach
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine or white cooking wine
- 2 handfuls chopped spinach (about 2 cups)
- Season the chicken breasts with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the chicken. Cook on the first side until crisp and golden, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken, then turn the heat down to medium. Let cook for another three minutes before adding the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 cup thyme and 5 teaspoons minced garlic.
- Cook, stirring the thyme and garlic around, for about 2 minutes before adding the wine.
- Bring the wine to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes. The wine sauce will reduce, so add more if necessary.
- Add the spinach, and let it wilt fully. Season with salt and pepper, make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, and serve with a grain of your choice.
Paprika is made from the dried fruit of the bell peppers; most commonly the tomato pepper.
© 2018 Pacdude Games