- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta as recommended on the packaging. Drain and rinse when finished.
- In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons vodka and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minute. Stir in fresh parsley and serve!
This recipe also tastes great with grilled chicken or slices of sausage mixed in at the end.
The vodka in this recipe isn't enough to get you drunk. It acts as an emulsifier, allowing the oil and the cream to get and stay mixed together.
© 2018 Pacdude Games